Saturday, October 22, 2005

After the Disaster

LET US ANALYZE OURSELVES:

 How have I reacted in this present situation? With panic, despair and wailing or with dignity, patience and faith?

 Do I only remember Allah when I face hardships or calamities and once it passes away, do I forget Him?


 What positive change has come about in my life after this calamity?

 Have I started to study what guidance Allah has sent for me in the Quran?

 Has my pace in constructive activities (efforts towards personal reformation, hastening in good deeds) increased?

 Do I still put off good deeds for the next day?

 Have I stopped wasting my time? Have I left idleness, laziness and negligence?

 Has there been any change in my routine (recreation, parties, shopping, useless chatting)?

 Have I started worrying about fulfilling my obligations, acts of worship and responsibilities?

 Have I left moral vices such as backbiting, lying, fighting and breaking trusts?

 What have I done to help my Muslim brothers affected by the earthquake?

 What have I sacrificed to serve Allah's Deen?

 If death overtakes me today, am I ready to meet Allah Ta'ala?

IF WE CANNOT CHANGE OURSELVES, HOW CAN WE EXPECT THE CONDIONS OF THIS WORLD TO CHANGE?

Taken from a pamphlet

No comments: