Thursday, November 24, 2005

"A Good Word Is Charity"

I have tears in my eyes after reading this extremly beautiful article,

REGRET

Too strongly motivating for one not to act. It has two powerful incidents about the last moments of three young men, which changed the life of a policeman who witnessed their accidents and handled them. And the rest of it is about thoughtful lessons that we learn from all this.

I say Wonderful! I feel so good reading it, and in the middle it has the verse that I had just memorized and was reciting a while ago.

"And those who, if they commit an immorality or wrong themselves, remember Allah and seek forgiveness for their sins - and who can forgive sins except Allah? - and who do not persist in what they have done while they know.

"For those - their reward is forgiveness from their Lord and gardens beneath which rivers flow (in Jannah), wherein they shall abide eternally. Excellent is the reward of the (righteous) workers"


[Aal-e-Imraan: 135-136]- Al-Quraan

An excerpt:


" I heard someone ask our shaykh Hatim al-Asum how he reached the level he was at in reliance upon Allah. He replied,

"I became convinced in four things (i.e. that these four things penetrated my heart).

One, I am convinced that no one else will eat the provision Allah has decreed for me, so I am content.

And two, I am convinced that no one else is going to do good works except me, so I am busy doing it myself.

Three, I am certain death shall come unexpectedly, so I am busying myself in expectation of it.

And four, I am certain I shall never escape the Sight of Allah, so I am shy to disobey him while He is watching.""

The point it makes is that after we are dead we will not be regretting the small things that we lose here in this world and feel so bad over it, but the regret will be each and every second that we spent without worshiping or remembering Allah. So we must start working towards that, and asking forgiveness for all what we did before is the first step, then we go on from there.

Tell me did u feel the same way after reading it, as i do?

No comments: