Thursday, September 15, 2005

Patience & Prayer

يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُواْ اسْتَعِينُواْ بِالصَّبْرِ وَالصَّلوةِ إِنَّ اللّهَ مَعَ الصَّابِرِينَ

"O you who believe! Seek help in patience and prayer. Truly! Allah is with the patient". [Al-baqarah:153]

Two best means told by Allah SWT to get His help, which I so badly need because of the spiritual state i am in. My prayers and my good deeds are without a soul. And i feel so low, i havent read the Quran in so many days (as i used to). Haven't memorized anything from it in the whole past week.

I pray and pray about it, and inshaaAllah it will be alright soon because Allah listens and is Kind, but its pathetic right now.

I try to concentrate while praying, but my mind strays, and thats the very first thing i need to focus and work on. Because this is the link between me and Allah.

It is mentioned in the Sahih Hadith that “Whenever something happened to the prophet (pbuh), he would pray”

So that means other than the obligatory prayers, some more prayers should be added as well to invoke Allah's mercy. I did start the Ishraaq prayer (the prayer after sunrise), and that was really helpful, i will continue with it again inshaaAllah.

As for patience inshaAllah i plan to fast for a few days in this month of Shabaan. Please make prayers for me, i really need them at this time.

Verily, man is in loss, except those who believe and do good deeds and encourage one another towards truth and encourge one another towards patience. (104:2-3)


I just found a beautiful writing about Prayer, it mentions a hadith Qudsi that would sure help me in concentrating in prayer inshaa Allah.

"I have divided the prayer between Myself and My servant into two parts, and My servant will have what he asks for.

So when the servant says: ‘Al-Hamdulillaahi Rabb-il-‘Alameen’, Allaah says: ‘My servant has praised Me.’

And when he says: ‘Ar-Rahmaan-ir-Raheem’, Allaah says: ‘My servant has extolled Me.’

And when he says: ‘Maaliki-yawm-id-Deen’, Allaah says: ‘My servant has honored Me.’

And when he says: ‘Iyyaaka Na’bdu wa Iyyaaka Nasta’een’, Allaah says: ‘This is between Me and My servant and My servant will have what he asks for.’

And when he says: ‘Ihdinaas-Siraat-al-Mustaqeem. Siraat-aladheena an’amta ‘alaihim. Ghairil-Maghdoobi ‘alaihim wa lad-Daalleen’, Allaah says: ‘This is for My servant and for My servant will be what he asks for.’" [Reported by Muslim]

Good read>>> Virtues of Prayer

No comments: