Wednesday, July 13, 2005



I had started with the last chapters of the Quran. But now as i have started memorizing surah Al-Baqarah, I really feel the difference. The difference is in feeling while reciting it, it is really heart touching, and makes to tremble. It is heart softening. I feel revitalized after reciting them, honestly I never felt so before. It feels like something life-giving to the heart, making it strong and increasing Iman.

It is the verses about the believers, disbelievers and the hypocrites, which are very strong, and at times I can even relate myself with the verses mentioning the hypocrites, that is frigtening.

These verses are not just about those who were known as hypocrites and were obvoiusly the enemies of Islam, they talk about all of us, either being hypocirtes by faith or by actions.

"The lightening almost snatches away their sight, whenever it flashes for them, they walk therein, and when darkness covers them, they stand still. And if Allah willed, He could have taken away their hearing and their sight. Certainly, Allah has power over all things." [Al Baqarah:20]

That is, when there are difficulties, and we find it hard to act, we stop obeying Allah, and obey only when we find it easy, or we desire the same thing that pleases Allah. Doing only what suites us, and make no sacrifice.

But Allah still gives them a chance, they could get their light back, in case they rectify their actions

"Allahumma Tahhir Qalbee Minan Nifaaqi, Wa Amali Minar Riyaa, Wa Lisaani Minal Kadhibi, Wa Ainee Minal Khayanah, Fa Innaka Taalamu Khaa eenatul Aa unee, Wa maa tukhfis Sudoor."

"O Allah! Purify my heart form hypocrisy, my deeds from any kind of show (Riya), my tongue from lying and my eye from treachery. For indeed only You know the treachery of the eyes and what lays hidden in the hearts".

Aameen

No comments: